This will be our 9th year hosting a día de los muertos introduction and open house for this beautiful Latin-American tradition and the 5th as part of the El Día de los Muertos, Petaluma 2012.
– October 13th: 1-4pm
El Día de los Muertos offers us a way to honor our loved ones by remembering them and those things that they loved and held dear in their time here with us.
Come and enjoy this free event with crafts, learning, and fun!
We are also inviting each of you to share in our remembrance of loved ones (family, friends or pets) who have died by bringing a photo to place on our altar.
• Self-Guided Tour: Learn about día de los muertos by touring our facilities.
• Sugar Skull Decorating: Learn to decorate a traditional Day of the Dead decoration and treat.
• Papel Picado: Learn to make beautiful & colorful papel picado, a traditional Day of the Dead decoration.
• Flores de papel: Learn to make paper flowers as well!
• El Día de los Muertos, Petaluma 2012: Visit the table and purchase official El Día de los Muertos ítems and receive information about all of Petaluma’s events.
For more information about Petaluma’s observance of el Día de los Muertos, visit the Petaluma Arts Center website.